We restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure, the IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Requisition ID: req4109
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Scope of work
- The Admin Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative requirements, functions and general office management of the IRC offices and to assist the HR Team in all related HR & Admin functions.
- Assist the field in managing Accommodation (Guest Houses and Hotels) and VISAS
- Arrangement of hotel bookings and reservations for national and international staff to the field office after receipt of approved /filled Travel Authorization Forms(TAF’s)
- Ensure that all hotels bookings are made in writing and copies of booking/accompanying TAF’s are available in Admin Office for record/tracking purposes.
- Processing and reconciliation of accommodation and hotels bookings related payments by COB every Friday.
- Daily accommodation Tracking and Update to security team, field coordinator, HR manager. And Copying Transport team.
- Ensure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Track and monitor subscriptions and monthly telephone and Internet communications, and ensure that all are paid on time.
- Regular supervision of Cleaners and Cooks in the Guest House and Offices.
- Track Rental agreements for offices and housing and submit to the senior Admin/HR Manager Monthly
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Work Experience: Approximately 0-1 year of relevant experience
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Professional Administration experience preferably with an INGO.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to details.
- Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, cultural and environmental sensitivity.
- Team work skills.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English and Hausa.
- The IRC is a team-work environment and requires a person who will work with colleagues from many cultural backgrounds, understand and contribute to the organization’s goals, work well as a member of a group/team, and respect the thoughts and opinions of others in the team.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply