The African Black Olives protect cell membranes against diseases like cancer, malignant tumours, less serious varicose veins and cavities.
The Black Olive (Atili) seed is predominantly found in Plateau State in Nigeria. Atili is almost similar in look with the Ube seed. It’s known for its numerous benefits. It can be use as sauce, to bake cake, for soap and cream, massage, juice etc.
The fruit is boiled or otherwise softened with hot water and then the pulp is eaten. It is from this pulp that Atili oil is derived.
The following are some of the health benefits:
- Prevention of Cancer – Prof. Sunday Atawodi of the Faculty of Sciences, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, has said consumption of African olive (atile in Hausa) would reduce the risks of cancer infections, by protect cell membranes against diseases.
- Enhance the digestive system
- Promotes Cardiovascular Benefit
- Skin and hair care
- Helps the sight vision
- Rich in Iron
- Controls blood pressure
- Act as an antioxidant, protecting cells
- Protection against anemia
- Eating olives can improve the appearance of wrinkles by 20% since they contain oleic acid, which keeps skin soft and healthy
- It’s rich Vitamin E.
- Eliminate excess cholesterol in the blood.