Who is a friend? Many people have the wrong ideology of who a friend is meant to be or what friendship is all about. Friends are two people with mutual feeling of value for each other. When someone puts you on the V.I.P list. Your friend is someone that takes you as important and can go the extra mile for you. Even when this whole wide world feel less like a home, your friend would always be your homie and true friendship would make you feel like the world make sense cause of you in it. Friends aren’t just people you eat with, talk to or share stuff with but people with a special bond with you and you know the world make no meaning without them in it.
Qualities of a True Friendship
- Many qualities are necessary for a good friendship, including honesty, trustworthiness, loyalty and unconditional acceptance. A friendship should make both people in the relationship happy; both people should have fun when they spend time together. Human beings can clash very easily, which is why it’s hard for some people to maintain many friendships. It’s possible that friendship can exist between two people at one stage of life, but life changes and personal growth may make friendship impossible at another stage. It can be hard to meet the people who would make the perfect friend.
- A shoulder to lean on, cry on and a listening ear: Your friend do not judge you. Humans make mistakes and you are human too.
Why you need Friends
- Friends add to the fullness of life, they give meaning to your existence
- Friends can be family. Sometimes our friends are the family we wished we had. Sometimes we have difficulty with our own family. We may feel misunderstood, judged, ridiculed, or even ignored. In that case, our friends often fill in for what is not provided by our own family.
- Friendship make life’s struggle feel less tough. you walk through life and those struggles seem lighter. It’s a fact that people who are loved have what to live for and look forward to. Their life is much more fun.
- Your friend is your true fan. A true friendship will never ridicule your dreams. It might find a more realistic and better way to make things work but it cheers you on. Friends root for you. They are not shocked when you succeed because they are part of the success process.