Kyiv’s NSK Olimpiyskyi has been selected to host the 2018 UEFA Champions League final, the first European Cup decider to be held in Ukraine.
To be held on 26 May 2018, the final will be the first such decider played at the Olympic National Sports Complex in the Ukrainian capital. However, the stadium is no stranger to big occasions: Dynamo Kyiv took on Bayern München there in the 1975 UEFA Super Cup second leg, while it was also a venue in the 1980 Olympics and UEFA EURO 2012, staging five games including the final.
The decision was taken at Thursday’s UEFA Executive Committee meeting in Athens.
- Group ABenfica, Man Utd, Basel, CSKA Moscow
- Group BBayern Munich, PSG, Anderlecht, Celtic
- Group CChelsea, Atletico Madrid, Roma, Qarabag
- Group DJuventus, Barcelona, Olympiakos, Sporting
- Group ESpartak Moscow, Sevilla, Liverpool, Maribor
- Group FShakhtar, Man City, Napoli, Feyenoord
- Group GMonaco, Porto, Besiktas, RB Leipzig
- Group HReal Madrid, Dortmund, Tottenham, APOEL