SOME NOTABLE POINTS FROM PRESIDENT BUHARI’S LATEST SPEECH TO NIGERIANS…
- He stated that even while he was away on medical vacation in London, he was observant of happenings in Nigeria.
- In 2003 after I joined partisan politics, the late Chief Emeka Ojukwu came and stayed as my guest in my hometown Daura. Over two days we discussed in great depth till late into the night and analyzed the problems of Nigeria. We both came to the conclusion that the country must remain one and united.
- Nigeria’s unity is settled and not negotiable. We shall not allow irresponsible elements to start trouble.
- I am committed to Nigerians.
- Every Nigerian has the right to live and pursue his business anywhere in Nigeria without let or hindrance.
- The beauty and attraction of a federation is that it allows different groups to air their grievances and work out a mode of co-existence.
- The National Assembly and the National Council of State are the legitimate and appropriate bodies for national discourse.
- We are going to reinforce and reinvigorate the fight against; elements of Boko Haram, kidnappings, farmers versus herdsmen clashes, in addition to ethnic violence fuelled by political mischief makers. We shall tackle them all.
- Our collective interest now is to eschew petty differences and come together to face common challenges