PRESIDENT BUHARI ON MEDICAL TRIP…
The Nigerian President Buhari has announced that he will be traveling to London tonight, May 7 for a medical check-up and as a result of this the Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo will be the Acting President. Though the duration of this medical trip is yet to be announced.
The presidential spokesman tweeted via his official handle that the president leaves for treatment in London tonight and the government will now be under Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, and according to him the length of duration of the president will be determine by the London doctor.
The following are some of points from the press release explaining the need for President Buhari to travel:
– Need for medical follow -up and to consult the doctors.
– The president was to travel in the afternoon but wait a bit to welcome the newly released Chibok girls.
– There is no course for alarm for the country.
– The length of the president’s stay in London will be determine by the doctors.
– The president has also transmitted the letter about the trip to the National assembly.
As given by :
(Special adviser to the president on media and publicity).